News: Assistant Teen Advisor Wanted
|12/10/2021 12:00:00 AM
Rec Assistant serving as Teen Advisor, $15.20/hour/3 hours/week
Beekman has an active group of teens who meet weekly, plan some of their activities, enjoy facilitator led portable project adventure, leadership training and community service. Must be available Wednesdays, 5:45-8:45pm. In addition there are sporadic trips and one overnight each year!
To see some of their activities click these Facebook Albums:
Early Fall Photos
Late Fall Photos
Requirements: Age 21 or over preferred, age 18 minimum if a High School Graduate; First Aid and CPR preferred or willingness to acquire; availability Wednesday evenings 5:45-8:45, and sporadically for trips or events. Ability to relate well with tweens, teens and their parents; to pass a drug test; lift 10 pounds, then turn and carry 5 feet, then lift overhead and lower to floor; lift 20 pounds and carry 100 feet; references. While most meetings during the year are indoors, there are meetings, events and overnights that are outdoors and the applicant should have true love and appreciation of the outdoors and ability to: work in an outdoor hot, humid, &/or wet environment, &/or cold weather for long periods of time; walk over uneven ground; observe, see, hear, and assess teen safety in an every changing setting; and maintain high energy levels and enthusiasm for prolonged periods during day and overnight events.
Experience Preferred: Facilitating tween & teen groups; problem solving; negotiating, mediating and resolving conflicts; facilitating project adventure; team building; leadership training, life skills.
How to apply:
- Develop relationships with the participants to know the interests and abilities of each, and be able to create opportunities to help them to reach their potential
- Design and facilitate games and activities that will teach leadership and life skills
- Be a positive representative of Beekman Recreation programs and policies both within the program and the community
- Model character values and integrate values activities into the program
- Help teens find service learning opportunities
- Administer activities and paperwork, permission slips, etc.
- Supervise teens both locally and on all trips
- Serve as a resource to TLC members by helping youth in carry out their roles, and exercise judgment
- Complete other related work as required
Complete the application found at this link