Prior to signing up for Ski Lessons, you must have a Beekman Rec SkiClub Membership at Thunder Ridge. Then you can sign up for lessons below by printing and completing the form linked below and bringing the form and payment to the Rec Office. Payment for anything on this page must be made by check to "Thunder Ridge".
New this season from Thunder Ridge
• Regardless of ability, students MUST attend the first session; it cannot be skipped – no exceptions
Group lessons through the Rec programs are for ages 8 (as of 12/31/22) and up.
• This is a hard and fast rule and cannot be changed
• If you have a younger child contact Thunder Ridge for a non-Rec lesson
• There is no guarantee that students will ride up the chair lift
• Freestyle option is only for Levels 4, 5 or 6
Beekman Rec Special Pricing
- Discounts for the whole family from 5-9pm on Friday nights from Jan. 4th until the snow is gone
- Discounted Lift Tickets for the family: $35 (student must pre-purchase 6 if taking lessons) on the day of lessons and on Friday nights
- Discounted Equipment Rental: $38 + Tax/day excluding helmet
Lessons Days & Times
MON 5:30pm (start date: 1/9/23) SOLD OUT
TUES 5:30pm (start date: 1/10/23) SOLD OUT
WED 5:30pm (start date: 1/4/23) ONLY SNOWBOARD Available
THURS 5:30pm (start date: 1/5/23) ONLY SNOWBOARD Available
FRI 5:00pm (start date: 1/6/23) SOLD OUT
FRI 6:30pm (start date: 1/6/23) SOLD OUT
SAT 3:30pm (start date: 1/7/23) SOLD OUT
SAT 5:30pm (start date: 1/7/23) SOLD OUT
SUN 3:30pm (start date: 1/8/23) SOLD OUT
*Please note, park closes Sunday at 5pm. Your tickets included with lesson are available at 2:45
Skill Level Ratings
All students must be age 8 (as of 12/31/22) or up
Please read the SKIING/SNOWBOARDING LEVELS
and choose the level that is most appropriate. ABILITY LEVEL IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT DUE TO RESTRICTIONS ON CAPACITY AND CLASS SIZE.
for upper level snowboarders, ages 8 and up. This program promotes the Park Smart Terrain Park Safety Program, introducing participants to the fundamentals of freestyle snowboarding in a fun and safe environment. Students will learn fundamentals of using rails, jibs, butter boxes, rainbows, mini flats and ramps and/or natural features throughout the mountain as weather and conditions permit!
- DEADLINE FOR REGISTRATION IS THURSDAY DECEMBER 1st, 2022. NO REGISTRATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED BY THUNDER RIDGE AFTER THIS DATE
- In order to register, student must first be a member of Beekman Rec Ski Club. Memberships are paid to "The Town of Beekman".
- Once a member, print and comlete the Lesson Info & Forms Packet to sign up for lessons and make THAT check payable to "Thunder Ridge".
*To be eligible for Town of Beekman resident discounts for programs, proof of residency is checked annually for all participants, including those who have previously been enrolled. We will check the tax rolls but depending on the outcome, you may be asked to provide:
1. Bills to your address, AND
2. Proof of identity in the form of a Government Issued Photo ID
Additional Forms and Files: